How to Disable the WordPress Heartbeat
What We'll Cover:
Did You Know?
- The heartbeat API sends ajax requests to the server using /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?
- The heartbeat can send large number of requests to the hosting server and resulting in high CPU utilization?
WordPress Heartbeat Functions
- Creation of periodic auto save and revisions when you create / edit posts in editor.
- Real-time sales data on the dashboard by ecommerce plugins.
- Used to show notification on the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Shows the locking information of a post by other author.
Your Next Action Steps:
- Install the plugin.
- Disable or edit the frequency of the Heartbeat API.
Want Us to Boost Your Website Speed?
If you would like us to help you get a faster website we can help.
(If you want us to get your site to load lightening fast.)
Your Next Training Video
Watch the next short video to learn how to optimize 3rd party (external) scripts for a massive speed boost.